CLICK ABOVE TO PLAY MUSIC
Music – “New Year’s Resolution” from Codependent Christmas by The Therapy Sisters. Released: 2003
1) I resolve that I will read a recipe all the way through, twice, before starting to cook.
2) I resolve to limit myself to buying no more than ten (10) cookbooks a month. (last month I bought 28, but it was a slow month)
4) I resolve to stop being sucked in by late-night infomercials flogging kitchen appliances (did I really need the NutriBullit Blender, which I’ve used all of 3 times this year?)
5) I resolve to use the microwave for more than just illuminating the top of my range. (Perhaps for storing extra cookbooks)
6) I resolve to make this the year that I stop my husband from putting garlic powder on EVERYTHING!
7) I resolve to stop buying more hot sauces (see my blog “From Acid Rain to Zulu Fire….we LOVE Hot Sauces“, posted on 12/05/2013) I currently have enough bottles of hot sauces to supply the local police with a 10 year supply of ingredients for making pepper spray.
9) I resolve to limit myself to buying no more than thirty (30) cookbooks a month (ignore resolution # 2)
10) I resolve to clean my kitchen cabinets and rid myself of the silicone muffin cups, which I despise (they were a gift, but the gifter lives in another country now, so I’m safe)
11) I resolve that I will stop structuring my entire life around the Food Network and similar shows (this one is really going to hard)
13) I resolve to learn more about being a “food snob“, so that I might converse intelligently with such persons and not embarrass myself by asking, after a meal, “Was it good for you?”
14) I resolve that I will learn how to make the cocktail with the world’s longest name: Krungthepmahanakhon Amornrattanakosin Mahintharayutthaya Mahadilokphop Noppharat Ratchathaniburirom Udomratchaniwetmahasathan Amonphiman
The signature cocktail at Qi Thai Grill in Williamsburg, Brooklyn is named after the ancient Thai name for “Bangkok” — making it the longest cocktail name to date. The first words in the name translate to: “The land of angels, the great city of immortality, various of divine gems.”
15) I resolve to stop making resolutions I will never follow.
HAPPY NEW YEAR !